Travel: My First International Flight


November 30, 2016 at 4 in the afternoon, I was bound for Dubai.

After the long line for the check in and the mixed emotion in the immigration, finally! I was at the waiting area. The sun was shining so high already and was so full after my double lunch with my friends and brother. I bought some snacks and a neck pillow because it was going to be a very long flight.

Before 4 in the afternoon we were already called for boarding. I'm so glad I bought my powerbank! Without it, I wont be able to play with my phone. Once I got to sit on my designated seat I fell asleep immediately. I woke up after an attendant asked confirming my name for the meal distribution. After eating I watched a few episodes of The Flash, glad I bought my chromebook that definitely lasted a long time. Everyone was asleep and was the only one left watching. I tried sleeping but I guess I'm still too full to do so. I ended up playing on my phone and closing my eyes when its already sleepy. Woke up an hour before we landed, I changed clothes and freshen up a bit before the comfort room gets crowded. And boy I was right, after I freshen up a few minutes later the ladies are already lining up.

When I felt that the landing was successful I turned on my phone and prepared my bag. I notified my mother that I already arrived and was going to the conveyor belt for my baggage. On the way, I met a few fellow kababayan and tried to stick together until we are out. I was so excited that I wasn't able to get their names but was thankful that they are there, that way I didn't feel alone. The line for the immigration was so long that I thought it might take awhile for us to go out from there. I texted my mother every step of the way hoping that she was able to receive every bit of information. As I got out some of my fellow kababayan already got someone waiting for them except for the two of us. We waited near costa and after an hour or less, I saw my mom. It took her long to park because it was full packed.

We chatted through the way to the parking and was off to Khor Fakkan. Her Home and soon to be mine for the next 3 months.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.