The Public Transportation of UAE

Union Square Bus Station in Dubai
On March 26, I used the public transportation of UAE for my job interview. It's been four months since I came in this foreign country but then this would be the first time that I'd be travelling alone by land. I always set aside my interviews in this area since its just too far for me and my mom wouldn't really agree. 

The position that I applied for was for a CCTV Operator, I was really enthusiastic about it and wanted to go. Luckily, my mom agreed with me going. So I researched about the area, from where I will get off the bus and the time. 

I woke up as early as 5 in the morning to prepare. Since we aren't sure what time the bus will be going from Khorfakkan to Fujairah, my mom decided to take me to Fujairah bus station instead since we were worried that I might be late for the interview that was on 11 in the morning. I was really worried by then since I didn't have a nol card, it is supposed to be used for the fare. We asked some people in the bus stop but they were also travelers. An Indian Lady came and was really blessed that she can speak and understand English. I asked her about it and told me that the bus will be stopping in a store where we could buy credit and also the nol card. So I rode the bus that came in at 7:45 in the morning and as expected I was able to get the nol card. I was really worried that I might get off the wrong station and be late for the interview so I called the RTA Hotline and asked about it. They were really helpful though they weren't really that fluent in English but I still understood them.

I arrived in Union Square Bus Station at 10 am. I then rushed going to the metro and top up my nol card for the fare. I heard a lady, a fellow kababayan, talking in my mother tongue which is Bisaya, I asked her about which metro I should take. She told me to run since the door was almost closing. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to thank her for the help and didn't get her name either. It was my first time riding the metro and was really happy. I knew where I would get off since there was a sign and before the metro stops it will announce which station it will be stopping to. I sat beside a fellow kababayan again and was really happy that she also spoke my mother tongue, we chatted before my station came up but then again I wasn't able to get the name. 

In UAE, I could really see my fellow kababayans everywhere. It almost felt like home but in a different setting.

I was speed walking when I get off the metro since I don't know how far the building was. It was so hot and unfortunately I was wearing a jacket over my formal attire and got no umbrella. I thought it was going to rain since it has been raining a lot lately. Luckily, I got to the office on time for the interview.





No comments:

Powered by Blogger.