KDrama: Goblin - The Lonely and Great God

Image result for goblin the lonely and great god

One of the top kdrama of 2016-2017 came to an end yesterday. It's been one of the most talked about kdrama since 2016 up until now. I started watching this after seeing a few scenes in facebook which was posted by one of my friends. After watching the first episode, I was blown away by its unique storyline and amazing cinematography. I hope you would enjoy this review! 

Summary: Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) is an immortal goblin and protector of souls. He lives with an amnesiac grim reaper (Lee Dong-wook) who is in charge of taking deceased souls. Together, they see the dead off into the afterlife. One day Kim Shin meets a girl, Ji Eun-tak (Kim Go-eun), who has a special ability to see ghosts,[4][5] and is destined to be his bride and return him to ashes. 

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian:_The_Lonely_and_Great_God

Review: As I have mentioned earlier, I was totally blown away from the first episode itself. It's a really unique drama after watching so many overused storyline. A refreshingly good drama. The plot twist were really well made. If you intend to watch this drama, I recommend not to search about it in social media because there will be a lot of spoilers from all its fans that had been watching it (I myself included! I couldn't help myself from posting those awesome moments <3).  After knowing that the writer was also the one who made Descendants of the Sun, all my questions had all been answered! It was also one of the talked about kdrama from early 2016 and yet she had made another one before 2016 ended! How cool is that?! Gong Yoo was terrific and handsome as always. The chemistry between him and Kim Go-eun is undeniable! People go crazy because of them and I bet you'd be one of us after watching it. But that's not all you'd also be seeing some bromance and 2nd couple going on. For me this drama is the complete package! Great cinematography, storyline, chemistry with the right amount of comedy and cheesiness going on.

Score: 10/10 - It's the perfect drama for me because Gong-Yoo and Kim Go-eun's great love story!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.